Is your "inner critic" getting the best of you?
Are you searching for a way to respond to difficult moments in your life with kindness, care and understanding?
Rapidly expanding research demonstrates that self-compassion is strongly associated with emotional wellbeing, less anxiety, depression and stress, maintenance of healthy habits such as diet and exercise, and satisfying personal relationships.
This 3.0 hour workshop will introduce you to the practice of self-compassion and provide a brief overview of the 8 week program Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC). There will be lots of opportunities to ask questions.
At this 3.0 hour Introduction to Mindful Self-Compassion, you will learn:
- 3-4 self-compassion practices that will be guided by the instructor
- an overview of some of the most recent reserach on self-compassion
- how to apply self-compassion in your life
- some of the misconceptions about the practice of self-compassion
- leave with a comprehensive set of ahndouts and access to guided practices on-line
The 8 week Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) is an evidenced based training program designed to cultivate the skill of self-compassion. Based on the ground breaking research of Kirsten Neff, PhD, (author of Self-Compassion: The proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself) and the clinical expertise of Christopher Germer, PhD, (author of The Mindful Path to Self-Compassion), MSC teaches core principles and practices that enable participants to respond to difficult moments in their lives with kindness, care and understanding.
Practical Wellbeing will be offering the 8 week program again starting in January 2018.