- Improves one’s ability to regulate emotions.
- Cultivates a way of “being” for ourselves that is consistent with how we see ourselves.
- Helps to illuminate our motives when we take action
- Mindfulness helps to balance thinking other sources of intelligence i.e. emotions and body sensations
- Improves interpersonal communication through becoming a better listener
- Helps us to recognize and challenge our perceptions of challenges
“Why Mindfulness Matters” in the book “The Mindfulness Revolution” edited by Barry Boyce.